Why this blog?
There could be two questions here:
Why the blog, and why the name?
I was doing some study yesterday - finally! - and realised that I didn't want to write formal notes from my reading but wanted to be able to capture my musings somehow. Blogging seemed the perfect option...
As for the name...years ago, while bolting for a ferry on Lantau Island, the outlying island in HK where we lived, I stopped to smell a flower and was told (by Mal) "One day you should write a book called 'How to stop and smell the roses at 100mph'". I've since realised there will be no book - but a blog...*that* I can do! :)
So I hope this blog will be a place where I can capture those moments worth stopping to catch the scent of. I think it's important to take the time to appreciate the small things in life and be thankful. The sweet smell of naturally growing roses is one of the best scents in the world! And it's always worth the second that it takes to stop and smell. Hopefully this blog will be a place that's worth my while posting to, and worth your while visiting! And feel free to remind me to stop and smell the roses - and blog about it - if you don't hear anything here for a while!
Why the blog, and why the name?
I was doing some study yesterday - finally! - and realised that I didn't want to write formal notes from my reading but wanted to be able to capture my musings somehow. Blogging seemed the perfect option...
As for the name...years ago, while bolting for a ferry on Lantau Island, the outlying island in HK where we lived, I stopped to smell a flower and was told (by Mal) "One day you should write a book called 'How to stop and smell the roses at 100mph'". I've since realised there will be no book - but a blog...*that* I can do! :)
So I hope this blog will be a place where I can capture those moments worth stopping to catch the scent of. I think it's important to take the time to appreciate the small things in life and be thankful. The sweet smell of naturally growing roses is one of the best scents in the world! And it's always worth the second that it takes to stop and smell. Hopefully this blog will be a place that's worth my while posting to, and worth your while visiting! And feel free to remind me to stop and smell the roses - and blog about it - if you don't hear anything here for a while!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home