How to stop and smell the roses at 100mph

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weather with you

OK, this post is actually about the weather with me rather than the weather with you! But I like that Crowded House song and have been reminded of it lately.

It feels positively chilly here today. The usual HK moist, humid, heavy air has been replaced by a beautiful breeze, some cool rain and it's feeling much nicer. It's hardly cold, but it can feel that way if you allow your mind to play tricks on you!

Signs that it's cold:
- sleeping with windows open, rather than aircon on (oh, how nice!)
- choosing to wear long sleeves for the extra warmth they bring
- being thrilled that soup is served for lunch, and cradling the mug it's in until all heat has gone (it was pumpkin, by the way - yummo!)

As I said, cold is probably a misleading description! It's 22 degrees. It's not really cold in HK until they post a "Cold weather warning" on the HK Observatory website! Hardly likely to happen yet.

In the meantime, we are enjoying the winds of change that are blowing through our place. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 2:56 pm, Blogger Joe said…

    It's early for 22 degrees! Make the most of it - I just checked the forecast and it will be 31 again by the end of the week :)

     
  • At 6:04 pm, Blogger Mike & Helen said…

    We're enjoying it too! 'positively chilly' is a bit of an exaggeration, but it's certainly cooler than the usual HK September.

     
  • At 8:18 pm, Blogger pip said…

    Yeah...22 does sound early for HK.

    I felt cool this arvo in Phnom Penh after some 4 hours of solid rain. Got home, changed out of my damp shirt and put on a long-sleeved hoodie. Checked the thermometer in the house I'm staying in.... 29.2 degrees. Brrrr!

     
  • At 1:45 pm, Blogger Steveybabe said…

    I couldn't quite work out what had gone wrong with my personal body temperature... 22 degrees is a rather nice day in London, but today I was freezing!

     
  • At 6:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brrrrrrr... Be sure you wear your mittens and dry your hair before you go to bed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home